Saturday 3 February 2007

Weeks 03 & 04 (07) - Blessings of Divine Guidance

You may remember that I shared about a 'Black Thursday' [02/11] last year when I experienced a few attacks from the enemy. Through different people [my boss, my M&E colleague, my Client and Committee members], I was either accused of wrong doing or refused cooperation. I was so tired and down at the end of the day. The worst one was on the financial loss of some £50,000 on my project!

God amazingly intervened since that dreadful day, and step by step restored my credibility in the comapny as a Project Director and in the Committee [of the Institution of Structural Engineers] where I served as Honorary Secretary. Although the financial loss was not of my wrong doing, God opened the way for it to be recovered in the near future. The work of the enemy was destroyed one by one!

As I seek God's favours day by day and prayed for the Church, the Company, the Client and the Committee [4 Cs] for God's Protection, Provision, Prompting and Power [4 Ps] on a daily basis, I can see His help clearly. I have no choice but to "praise the LORD.....Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night,.......For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.......senseless man does not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be forever destroyed.......For surely your enemies, O LORD......will perish.......My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries........." [Ps. 92:1-25 NIV]

When God made the first man some 6000 years ago, it was not a haphazard act. God intended man to be successful and happy. He even thought about his needs for help and friendship. God "took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, ".........you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die...........I will make a helper suitable for him.......The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame." If "man" only trust God and listen to Him, we will not be in the mess that we are in ever since, including failures, unhappiness and shame![Gen 2:15-25 NIV]

When we trust in God and give our all [time, talents, finance, loved ones, career, study, needs, troubles.....] to Him, we will see His blessings beyond even our imagination. The poor widow in the Bible understood this principle and she applied it fully in action. She "put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.......Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-- all she had to live on."[Mark 12:41-44 NIV]

I can testify that "A good man obtains favor from the LORD, but the LORD condemns a crafty man. A man cannot be established through wickedness, but the righteous cannot be uprooted......Wicked men are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous stands firm......A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.....No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked have their fill of trouble."[Prov. 12:2-3,7,16,21 NIV]

Amen!


No comments: