Wednesday 31 December 2008

Weeks 51 & 52 (08) - Blessings of Divine Guidance

As the year 2008 comes to an end, it is a time for reflection. It has been a very eventful year indeed in every way. The most dramatic event was certainly the global economic crisis since 15th September, when financial giant Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy. A lot of my related thoughts on End-times events have been shared in my regular fortnightly sharings in these past few months.

I truly sense and believe that we are at the threshold of a breakthrough for the Gospel in the hardest grounds of the world including Europe, where the enemy is strongest. The keys of victory shared in my last sharing are therefore very significant!

I emphasised that the most important key is HOLINESS - personal holiness and holiness in the Church. God will purge the Church of evil and wickedness before He would use her as His instrument to advance God's Kingdom and His plan of salvation any where in the world.

We have started renovating our house of 10 years since about 3 weeks ago. It is amazing how filthy the house can get in 10 years. A lot of dirt and dust showed up when the desks, wardrobes etc. are moved to make room for new paints on the walls and new floorings (see pics). The house cleansing/renovation is kind of prophetic, comparing to God cleansing His House and making it beautiful before His return!

Holiness starts with the "fear of the Lord". When we are determined to have nothing to do with evil and wickedness, and cry out to God for help, He will hear our prayers and protect us. "O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you ....... Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers......Let a righteous man strike me-- it is a kindness; let him rebuke me-- it is oil on my head.......Yet my prayer is ever against the deeds of evildoers....... my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge-- do not give me over to death. Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety." [Ps. 141:1-10]

There will come a time when we have to decide which God to follow - the god of the world or the God of the Bible. Ruth has set us a very good example. ".......said Naomi, "your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her. But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." [Ruth 1:14-17 NIV] She was determined to follow the true God despite of possible loss of benefits.

Jesus did not mince words when it comes to sinful or wicked men who live in secrecy or darkness. Above all, have no fear of the devil who can only kill the body. "So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known......Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell......Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven." [Matt 10:26-34 NIV] Christians who would not acknowledge our Father in heaven before men watch out. Jesus will disown them before the Father!

Let us be wise and truthful in how we build God's Church. Because " by wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures......" [Prov 24:3-4 NIV] Let us warn our brothers who are sinning and rescue them before God's judgement. God will not forgive us if we pretend to be innocent. "Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?" [Prov 24:3-4,11-12 NIV]

Amen!

WISHING YOU AND FAMILY A WONDERFUL AND FRUITFUL NEW YEAR IN THE LORD!

No comments: