Wednesday 8 April 2009

Weeks 13 & 14 (09) - Blessings of Divine Guidance

In my last message, I shared about the financial difficulties our company was facing and my pay was cut by 66%. I would like to share about God's amazing providence again.

I testified about God miraculously openning a door for me to work in my profession in civil/structural engineering just over 3 years ago. It was a miracle because no company would normally employ someone who has not worked in the profession for 7 years, who is 57 years old and who can only work 3 days a week!

God didn't only open the door, He also blessed me to help grow the business unit from 20 people to 60 people. Then we had the severe economic downturn following the near collapse of the financial institutions in the past 6 months. Many companies are still laying people off. It is expected to continue for another 12 months or more.

The testimony starts on 4th November, 2008, the day when Senator Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the USA. On the same day, my director boss Iain C phoned me to inform me that he was sacked. He asked for my home e-mail address to keep in touch. I wrote him and told him that I would pray for him to get a new job. One the day my pay was cut by 66% towards the end of February, Iain started work at AECOM, a global Consulting Engineer. They have 740 offices around the world, serving clients in over 100 countries and employing 43,000 professionals worldwide. On the day our company announced the closing down of our branch office where I worked, I got an offer letter to join AECOM. Today (8th April) was my first day in the new company. I continue to work 3 days a week in a nice office in Central London. I even get an increase in salary and benefits. Only God could make it possible in a recession!

I am thankful for God's timely providence. I am even more excited about the harvest opportunities in a mega global company, starting with Iain. All glory to Him!

With a God like this, I cannot be silent. I just want to say 'I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.' [Ps 40:8-11 NIV]

King David won the heart of his followers. They would not desert him even when he was running for his life from Absolom. 'The king said to Ittai the Gittite, "Why should you come along with us? Go back and stay with King Absalom........You came only yesterday. And today shall I make you wander about with us, when I do not know where I am going? Go back, and take your countrymen. May kindness and faithfulness be with you." But Ittai replied to the king, "As surely as the LORD lives, and as my lord the king lives, wherever my lord the king may be, whether it means life or death, there will your servant be." David said to Ittai, "Go ahead, march on." So Ittai the Gittite marched on with all his men and the families that were with him. The whole countryside wept aloud as all the people passed by.' [2 Sam 15:13-14,19-26 NIV]. King Jesus has also won my heart. I will follow where He leads me. He will lead those who trust Him through the 'valley of hardship' at this challenging time!

Angels are sinless creatures. They find it absolutely amazing that sinners like myself could actually be saved. 'Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbours together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."' [Luke 15:1-7 NIV] No wonder there are so much rejoicing in heaven each day as sinners got saved. This same excitement should energise us to reach out to the lost!

Indeed the harvest is plentiful. Let us not retire until the job is done because '.....he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward......The desire of the righteous ends only in good.......One man gives freely, yet gains even more;.......A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise......' [Prov 11:18-19,23-25,30-31]
Amen!

No comments: