Saturday 20 October 2007

Weeks 35 & 36 (07) - Blessings of Divine Guidance

Having spent the holydays (literally) in two church camps in August, I started work in a new environment in the last two weeks. Although I have worked in our Stevenage Office one year before, I now see a lot of new faces, the result of a fairly large turnover in staff. The office is strangely quiet, with eveyone staring at his or her computer screen, working away as if there is no one else around. The atmosphere is so different from that of the camps!

Although I do not expect the work place and the camp to be the same, and it would be silly of me to exect them to be, I still think that it does not need to be so "cold". I suppose most people are there for the purpose of making a living, and their lives & friends are elsewhere. Without sounding judgemental, if a third of our time is spent in a world of isolation, no wonder life is not as abundant as it should be!

God created us to be relational beings. Problems begin when people live in isolation.......physical, emotional, mental...ones. Hence God encourages us to "live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore." [Ps 133:1-3 NIV] A concept and blessing that the world do not understand!

People in the world are slaves, whether we live in a democratic society like the UK or under a dictatorship like North Korea. Slaves all the same. Everyone's purpose in life is to make the most of one's life before one dies, whether one is making billions or simply making ends meet. One's life begin in the womb and ends in the tomb. I was one of them before I know Christ. Christ changed my values and perspective in life. Christ set me free from the misery of "slavery". In the same way, God set the Israelites free from slavery in Egypt.'The LORD...have seen what has been done to you in Egypt. And ....promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land......flowing with milk and honey.'[Exod 3:16-22 NIV]

There is a hunger in the world today to make sense of the purpose of living. Life is empty without finding that answer. The answer is the Good News of Jesus Christ. A time will come when many will come to know Christ, just like when Peter shared Jesus in the early church. "When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins....... and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day." [Acts 2:37-41 NIV] Lets pray for that day to come!

How I wish I know God better. How I wish I can present Him in a way that all people will understand. ".........I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know!........" [Prov 30:2-6 NIV]

Now I know in part :o( ........... then I shall know fully :o)

No comments: