Saturday 20 October 2007

Weeks 40 & 41 (07) - Blessings of Divine Guidance

We celebrated our 9th Church Anniversary last Saturday in a very nice hotel. The theme was Go for Gold. It was a glittering affair as the people turned up in fancy dress or formal attire. You are welcome to view the pictures online http://picasaweb.google.com/hopelondonchurch/13October2007HopeLondon9thAnniversary

It is amazing that we have been building this church for nine years. It seems like a long time, yet at the same time, I can remember the early meetings in our small flat in North London. So much memory......so many people have passed through the church.....now back in their home countries....Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Africa, Canada, USA, Australia.....all have left their mark in the history of Hope London and in my heart!

Building God's church is both hugely difficult and rewarding at the same time. The joy of seeing people coming to the Lord and being transformed by Him far outweigh the challenges. No wonder the Lord went all the way on the cross for our sake because He saw the value of each individual soul! Indeed, quoting the theme of the Women Conference that our dear Jo is organising for all the girls ...."Because You Are Worth It". :o)

I am excited in my spirit to believe that the Lord will move in a big way in Europe in the not too distant future. We will use the next year to prepare the church for harvest. I shared with my leaders that the keys are personal holiness, discipleship and ownership. I have already chosen the theme for our 10th Anniversary as "Enter The Land". I believe in a time of fightings and victories in the years to come for God's people. God's Kingdom will advance forcefully in Europe when His people are ready!!!

I echo the cry of the Psalmist "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.......Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant." [Ps 143:1-2,7-12 NIV]

"......With a mighty hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.........So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle........By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night." [Exod 13:14-22 NIV] Just like the God of old delivering the Israelites out of slavery in Eygpt, leading them in the wilderness and preparing them for battle in the promised land, He will do the same to God's people of our time. We will experience the same victories if God is with us.

People of God in Joshua's time had tremendous courage and determination in fighting the enemy and conquering territories for God. God's people in the early church had that same boldness and perseverance in facing adveristy. "It was about this time that King Herod arrested some who belonged to the church, intending to persecute them. He had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword. When he saw that this pleased the Jews, he proceeded to seize Peter also.......After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each......but the church was earnestly praying to God for him." God came to his rescue. "Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up.......the chains fell off Peter's wrists.......Peter followed him out of the prison.......They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city......" [Acts 12:1-11 NIV] Peter was supernaturally helped by God. So take courage, God will do the same to us!

The day of wrath will come before the return of the Lord. And "Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness. The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward." [Prov 11:4-6,18 NIV]

No comments: